How Can A Counselor Help You?
Watch This Short Video.
Are you struggling to make your mortgage payments, or worried about losing your home to foreclosure? Foreclosure counseling can help you get the information you need from a certified, trustworthy source. The service is free, and it's available at State-approved agencies throughout Oregon. Before you meet with a counselor, check out this list of documents you'll need to bring with you.
What To Expect
The counselors aren't here to tell you what to do. But they will help you better understand your options, so you can decide how to proceed. A counselor can help you:
- Assess your ability to keep your home
- Review and understand your loan documents
- Prepare and submit requests to your lender
- Prepare for a mortgage mediation session
- Create and adopt a household budget
- Review and repair your credit
How To Get Started
Here are your next steps to secure foreclosure counseling:
- Watch the video to get an understanding of the process
- Find a counselor and set a meeting
- Follow the intake guidelines of the agency you contact